20 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me
Good evening, babes!
I love putting together fun, random blog posts where we can get to know each other better!
So today, I’m sharing 20 things you might not know about me!
1. Meeting Oprah is on my bucket list. I have a lot of respect for her and her accomplishments. I would love to sit down and have a cup of tea with her.
2. I prefer tea over coffee. Don’t hate on me for this! ;)
3. I share a birthday with Kourtney Kardashian and Melissa Joan Hart!
4. Sunscreen is my go to product. I value skincare above all else!
5. I have always wanted to go skydiving. My best friend Christina just went (cause she’s a badass) and her photos looked amazing but I’m too scared to do it. Like terrified. Maybe one of these days, I’ll get the courage!
6. One thing I wish I would’ve done is study abroad. College was one of the best times in my life and I love to travel so I just wish I would’ve thought of combining the two!
7. I wish so bad that I lived closer to my parents. When I hear people at work saying they are going to go have dinner with their parents, I get a little jelly. Also, when I hear people complain about their parents, I get annoyed because they should be thankful to have them nearby LOL!
8. I’m a strong believer that if everyone were a little kinder, the world would be a lot better.
9. My nickname growing up was Belly. All my soccer jerseys say Belly on the back!
10. My favorite kind of pasta is Fettuccine and my least favorite is Angel Hair, yuck!
11. My first job ever was as a Kid Zone worker at the YMCA. I worked at the Y from ages 16 to 21! By then I had worked in every department there was, which was pretty neat!
12. My proudest moment is seeing my mom’s face as I walked across the stage to receive my Bachelor’s degree. She hollered so loud and proud when they called my name and that is a moment I will never forget!
13. I get annoyed at things just like everyone else. I think that because I write about positivity in all aspects, that sometimes people think I’m just happy go lucky all the time, and that’s not the case. I’m human and I get annoyed just like everyone else.
14. I don’t like Bloody Mary’s! Some people think I’m insane for this. I once went to a super fancy brunch place while on a trip to New Orleans where they had a very elaborate Bloody Mary bar and everyone I was with was in heaven and I ordered a Mango Mimosa instead (cause DUH!) and everyone thought I was crazy.
15. I love to meditate! I take time daily to focus on my breathing and get my thoughts in order. It helps center me and keeps me calm. Sometimes it’s as simple as 5 minutes alone, in a quiet room with no distractions. It makes a huge difference in my day and my perspective. You should try it sometime!
16. I was married once and it ended in heartbreak. I thought I was never going to survive it and that it was going to ruin the rest of my life. Instead what actually ended up happening was; God healed my heart, my family comforted me, I forgave my ex and I was able to find love again. I learned so much through it all and there are still times I ask God, “why me?” but I know I wouldn’t be who I am if I hadn’t gone through it. The day it really hit me was when I sat across from a friend who was going through the same thing I had gone through and I was able to encourage her and tell her that everything was going to be okay. That she was going to heal, and that her life and dreams were far from over.
17. My all time favorite movie is Princess Bride! I actually walked down the aisle to the theme song of the movie. Lots of people thought it was nerdy but I loved every second of it. LOL!
18. My Myers Briggs Test results say that I’m a ENFJ which couldn’t be truer! I recharge by being in large groups of people, I put way too much on my plate, I lead with my heart, and I put people and their feelings above all else.
19. Buying gifts for others is my love language. I can’t count how many times I’ve annoyed my friends by showing up with a gift in hand and they are like, “What’s this for?! I didn’t know there were going to be gifts involved!” And I respond with, “Just because!” They hate it LOL but I know they secretly love it. I carry a little journal in my purse and when I hear someone make a comment about a perfume or lipstick they like, I take note! Is that weird? Probably.
20. Last but not least, my favorite game is Battleship! Trev and I play it all time and I win literally every time MUAHAHAHA! It’s all about strategy!
Thanks for reading along, babes! I want to know in the comments what fact on my list surprised you the most?